composite floor steel Deck sheet
composite floor steel Deck sheet has proved over the years to be one and the simpler, faster, lighter and economical construction in steel framed Building system. The system is well accepted by the construction industries over and the type of floor system. The construction industry has been looking beyond the conventional method and exploring for the better to win over today’s challenges.
Steel composite deck as the name implies is a part of the floor structure and has concrete poured on top. The deck initially act as a form for the concrete and after the concrete cures. The deck acts as the positive moment reinforcement. The composite steel deck and the concrete inter lock creating a composite slab. This interlocking is achieved through a system of embossments rolled into webs and flutes of the deck.
- Light weight: ‐ reduce weight of concrete floor by almost 50 %.
- Gives immediate access to a working plat form of permanent form and positive reinforcement.
- More economical steel section is used in composite construction than conventional noncomposite construction for the same span and loading.
- Depth and weight of steel beam required is reduced. So, the construction depth also reduces increasing the headroom of the building.
- Encased steel beam have higher resistance to fire and corrosion
- Time saving easy and rapid installation.
- The concrete and steel is utilized effectively.